Six major human emotions (anxiety, sadness, surprise, etc.) are recognized, based on facial expressions. The technology can help to measure user engagement by monitoring and recording emotions while watching commercials.
- Human-computer communication. Determining user emotions to shape more personalised experiences.
- Smart UI. Identifying well-timed positive feedback requests and pre-empting negative feedback.
- Visual art. Designing interactive visual effects that respond to facial expressions.
- Mobile marketing. Personalising content topics and interfaces based on user reaction analysis; assessing the quality of content, promotional and marketing materials by monitoring emotional responses in real time.
- Education. Automatic detection of difficulties experienced by e-learners, offering additional explanations and info.
- Healthcare. Delivering online mental health services of an in-person quality.